“The Silent Dinners are an international performance art project based around a three course meal. 38 of these social sculptures have been hosted in more than 10 countries, 15 cities over the past ten years, for between 2 and 200 participants at a time.
A Silent Dinner is a normal dinner party except the guests are requested:
- Please do not use words or your voice.
- Please don’t read or write
- Try to make as little noise as possible
- Don’t interact with technology
- Stay for at least 2 hours
The Silent Dinners have become an intimate, embodied, cross cultural portrayal of an era; highlighting globalisation, the changing nature of communication, and the space between people. And they are a lot of fun.”